tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Raines, David N" <david.n.rai...@lmco.com>
Subject Tomcat and TCP Window Size
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 20:36:04 GMT
I am trying to run Tomcat on a special "customer demo" network
that I have set up.  The network includes an unnaturally long delay, and
we have found that we need to change the TCP Window Size for our
different programs to get good performance.

The server is Windows 2000 Server.  I've set the registry entries to
change the window size.  Microsoft IIS responds to them (its
performance improves as the window becomes larger) but Tomcat does
not.  I've also looked in the Tomcat Administration Tool, but none
of the options under "Tomcat Server->Service (Cataline)->Connector(8080)" seem to help.

How do I get Tomcat to work with a different TCP window size under
Windows 2000 Server?

The registery entries I set were:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHIME\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tapip\...
Parameters\GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize and TcpWindowSize and Tcp1323Opts.

Is Tomcat / Java supposed to be affected by those variables?
Is there some other way to solve the problem?

Thanks,
David

--
David Raines