tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Benjamin Armintor" <Ben.Armin...@austin.utexas.edu>
Subject RE: Custom MBeans in Tomcat 5
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 17:02:46 GMT
Hmm... My mbeans were custom server components.  While your mbeans are
probably registered, I don't think there is any automatic instantiation.
Maybe I'm wrong: I'd like to be corrected by anyone else following this
thread.

Otherwise, I've been looking over the code, and it seems like you'd have
to use some indirection to do it: Create a Server LifeCycleListener that
instantiated your mbean when the server started, for example.

Benjamin J. Armintor
Systems Analyst
ITS-Systems: Mainframe Group
University of Texas - Austin
tele: (512) 232-6562
email: b.armintor@its.utexas.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Chad Boyd [mailto:chad@traveltoday.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 9:54 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Custom MBeans in Tomcat 5

My MBean is not a Valve or Realm element, so there are no elements in
the server.xml file.  The only experience I've had with MBeans is on
JBoss.  With JBoss, all you had to do is drop the packaged MBean and
descriptor into the deploy directory and JBoss registered and created an
instance of it for you.  Then all you had to do is look it up.  I
assumed Tomcat did something similar as far as creating and registering
the MBean for you.  Is this not a correct assumption?  If you've had
success deploying custom MBeans on Tomcat 5, could you send me an
example of how I can do this?

Thanks.