tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nadia Kunkov" <nad...@parkerglobal.com>
Subject configuring hosts in server.xml
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 15:12:55 GMT
HI,
I'd like to run two websites ( one straight HTML the other JSP and servlets ) on one Linux
server that is running Tomcat 5.  I don't have apache to use it's virtual hosts. On my DNS
server I set up two domain names corresponding to the same IP address.
Tomcat documentation says I need to configure server.xml to have multiple hosts with their
own sets of webapps.  As I understand each host will have it's own appbase different from
one another.  Now I need to setup a default html or jsp page.  Under webapps/ROOT there is
index.jsp.  Am I right thinking that for my new hosts under /newwebapps/ROOT I need to set
up either index.jsp or index.html to be redirected to my websites?  How does tomcat picks
up a default page? Also, do I need to use Host Name aliase?

Thanks as always for your help

N.K.