tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Powles <akp...@student.monash.edu>
Subject Re: security permissions
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2004 06:42:34 GMT
Thanks, I tried this but it doesn't seem to work, don't know what I'm doing wrong?

Andrea Powles

Jeanfrancois Arcand <jfarcand@apache.org> wrote:

> Andrea Powles wrote:
>
> >Hi Tomcatusers,
> >
> >I wish for one of my web apps in Tomcat to execute another program on my computer
using the exec method. I know that I canít currently do this due to the security restrictions.

> >I have tried changing the Catalina policy file but Iím unsure of exactly what to
do so it didnít work. Can someone please advise me of exactly what I need to add or modify
in order for my web app to have all permissions.

> >I am aware of the security risks but at this stage it is more important that I get
my application to work. My web app runs as a servlet and is in a web app directory calledruddis.