tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Powles <akp...@student.monash.edu>
Subject security permissions
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 03:55:37 GMT
Hi Tomcat users,

I wish for one of my web apps in Tomcat to execute another program on my computer using the
exec method. I know that I canít currently do this due to the security restrictions.

I have tried changing the Catalina policy file but Iím unsure of exactly what to do so it
didnít work. Can someone please advise me of exactly what I need to add or modify in order
for my web app to have all permissions.

I am aware of the security risks but at this stage it is more important that I get my application
to work. My web app runs as a servlet and is in a web app directory called ruddis.

Thanks in advance
Andrea Powles