tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Buglass <adam.bugl...@ncl.ac.uk>
Subject RE: Tomcat is frozen
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:36:42 GMT
Hmm, I didn't see anything that jumped out at me in those logs, which
doesn't necessarily mean there isn't anything!
Don't you have a catalina log? Or at least a stack trace?

If you're connecting to an SQL DB it's possible that you're simply not
closing your connections to the pool, so after a certain length of time
(depending partially on what maxconnections you allow) tomcat would stop
responding - probably with a 500 error.

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 09:14, Adam Buglass wrote:
> Hi, I've just got into the office and saw your posts!
>
> Can you show us any data from the logs? Especially the Catalina logs.
> Check if it says any problems with your Ajp13 connector or any errors
> with processors.
>
> Adam
>
> On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 08:39, Cui Xiaojing-a13339 wrote:
> > Hello Antonio Fiol,
> >
> > Thank you very much for helping. Below is info for the system.
> >
> > -The OS is Windows 2000.
> > -Accessing Tomcat directly, not using Apache.
> > -Using a database (Sql server) and using a static resource to keep a database connection
pool and the connection pool is created when Tomcat is started.
> > -No firewalls.
> > -When it fails, only Tomcat can not handle request, database is ok.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Xiaojing

to Tomcat to handle for some time after Tomcat is started up, then the Tomcat is frozen, it
could not handle requst any more. If there is request submitted to Tomcat immed