tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Buglass <adam.bugl...@ncl.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Mysterious Null Pointer Exception in Login script
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:05:55 GMT
Thanks, but I already had a look.
The line causing the error in that file is the line that calls the
method:  thisUser.login( userid, passwd );

Which itself appears to be causing the error, or am I missing something?

The login_jsp.java file looks like this of you're interested:

package org.apache.jsp;

import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;
import javax.servlet.jsp.*;
import org.apache.jasper.runtime.*;

public class login_jsp extends HttpJspBase {

  private static java.util.Vector _jspx_includes;

  public java.util.List getIncludes() {
    return _jspx_includes;
  }

  public void _jspService(HttpServletRequest request,
HttpServletResponse response)
        throws java.io.IOException, ServletException {

    JspFactory _jspxFactory = null;
    javax.servlet.jsp.PageContext pageContext = null;
    HttpSession session = null;
    ServletContext application = null;
    ServletConfig config = null;
    JspWriter out = null;
    Object page = this;
    JspWriter _jspx_out = null;

    try {
      _jspxFactory = JspFactory.getDefaultFactory();
      response.setContentType("text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1");
      pageContext = _jspxFactory.getPageContext(this, request, response,
                        null, true, 8192, true);
      application = pageContext.getServletContext();
      config = pageContext.getServletConfig();
      session = pageContext.getSession();
      out = pageContext.getOut();
      _jspx_out = out;

      ISPSelfCare.Login thisUser = null;
      synchronized (session) {
        thisUser = (ISPSelfCare.Login)
pageContext.getAttribute("thisUser", PageContext.SESSION_SCOPE);
        if (thisUser == null){
          try {
            thisUser = (ISPSelfCare.Login)
java.beans.Beans.instantiate(this.getClass().getClassLoader(),
"ISPSelfCare.Login");
          } catch (ClassNotFoundException exc) {
            throw new InstantiationException(exc.getMessage());
          } catch (Exception exc) {
            throw new ServletException("Cannot create bean of class " +
"ISPSelfCare.Login", exc);
          }
          pageContext.setAttribute("thisUser", thisUser,
PageContext.SESSION_SCOPE);
        }
      }
      out.write("\n\n");

        String userid = request.getParameter( "userid" );
        String passwd = request.getParameter( "passwd" );

//      if( userid == null || passwd == null )
//              throw new RuntimeException( "Invalid arguments" );

//      if( userid.length() == 0 )
//              throw new RuntimeException( "Please provide your dial-up
user id." );

//      if( passwd.length() == 0 )
//              throw new RuntimeException( "Please provide your dial-up
password." );

//      <jsp:useBean id="thisUser" class="ISPSelfCare.Login"
scope="session" />
//      <jsp:setProperty name="thisUser" property="custID" />
//      <jsp:setProperty name="thisUser" property="userID" />
//      <jsp:setProperty name="thisUser" property="login" />

        thisUser.login( userid, passwd );
//      thisUser.something();

//      thisUser.setUserID( userid );
        response.sendRedirect( "index.jsp" );
      out.write("\n");
    } catch (Throwable t) {
      out = _jspx_out;
      if (out != null && out.getBufferSize() != 0)
        out.clearBuffer();
      if (pageContext != null) pageContext.handlePageException(t);
    } finally {
      if (_jspxFactory != null)
_jspxFactory.releasePageContext(pageContext);
    }
  }
}