tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike Sowka <mso...@rogers.com>
Subject Simple "Hello World" JSF... NO GO
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2004 04:28:46 GMT
Hey Folks,

I had used Tomcat5 for some simple JSP school projects, and now that I'm
evaluating Websphere Studio (for it's "swell" drag and drop features,
can't believe how easy it is!) I've run into a stump... and I refuse to
even consider using anything but Tomcat for serving purposes.

My "Hello World" JSF has NOTHING but a JSF template + a simple "Hello
World" paragraph in it... this worked great when serving in the
Websphere 5.1 Test Server, but as the Websphere 5.1.1 claims Tomcat4.1
is a supported server an this should work just as well. App fails to
deploy with:

Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger does not implement Log

full log file attached...

Any suggestions are MUCH appreciated,
Mike