tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Buglass <adam.bugl...@ncl.ac.uk>
Subject RE: Incomplete HTML
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 16:59:41 GMT
The only situation where I can imagine tomcat forcing a file size limit
is when it runs out of disk-space and this should produce an error
message.

I seem to remember a similar problem, I can't remember exactly how I
solved it ( I may have re-written the page ) but here are some things to
look for:
Does the page take a dis-proportionately long time to load or timeout?
-This could indicate that the program is stuck in a loop or other area.

Do you use nested loops (particularly "while" loops)?
-This could easily kill tomcat, a nested while loop with a lot of data
is often a killer!

Try running the program with verbose comments and / or with some kind of
"step-through" mode to see if it's a programming error.

HTH, apologies for any rambling / inconsistancies - it's 6pm on a friday
night and I'm knackered!!

Ad.