tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <Paul.Richa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Tomcat and DataSource JNDI
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:03:31 GMT
Hi,
I am running Tomcat from the Java Webservices Developer Pack 1.3 and I
cannot get JNDI working for mysql DataSource objects.  I have googled
around for my error which is:

java.sql.SQLException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'
	at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:529)
	at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:329)

What I found on google was that this error is not just a problem with Mysql and that people
have experienced it with Oracle and Postgresql also:
http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/tomcat-users/2002-October/081368.html

I tried the suggestion in this last URL of using the exact orderings of
parameters in the server.xml file as shown in the Tomcat JNDI DataSource
HowTo.  Unfortunately this has not helped my case.

I appreciate that a very similar thread to this is currently running but
that problem looks different to mine.

I have failover code which created a Mysql datasource manually if the
JNDI fails and the failover code works perfectly.  This makes me sure
that my CLASSPATHs are correct.

--
Paul Richards <Paul.Richards@Sun.COM>