tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Mansfield <paul.mansfi...@psineteurope.com>
Subject Re: Logout-Problem
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:42:16 GMT
On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 09:54, marc.baumgartner@degussa-bank.de wrote:
> In our application the user has to log in. When he wants to log out in a
> servlet I call session.invalidate() to kill the session and redirects to
> the login page. The session is definitly not existing anymore, but the user
> can't login until a timeout.
>
> When I disable cookies on the client, everything works fine. So it seems
> that there is any information in the cookie that is not totally removed.

I presume you're using forms/session authentication.

do you have any local session data which you can set to null?
do you create a cookie yourself on the client, whose timeout you can set
to 1 second and thus force it to expire?

if you're using opera, there's bugs in its cookie handling, especially
when you set the privacy to a high level.

Paul