tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Mansfield <paul.mansfi...@psineteurope.com>
Subject Re: RedHat Enterprise breaks encoding
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 09:28:35 GMT

My boss who's an expert on redhat brokeness told me about all the
problems with various versions of redhat, so I built everything from
scratch from source in this order

- openssl
- openssh
- apache 1.3.28
- tomcat 5.0.1x - latest
- modjk

all into /usr/local

it was very stable. It ran jetspeed OK, albeit with all the speed and
memory-demands that jetspeed runs at!

I wouldn't recommend trusting any redhat-built library at all. YMMV.

There again, I use suse for my desktop. and also get into dependency
hell. I use debian for my firewall, which I like, and we're using
freebsd for our live servers and that throws up even more interesting
issues. :-(

Paul