tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Mansfield <paul.mansfi...@psineteurope.com>
Subject Re: calling native code
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 12:14:53 GMT
On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 13:12, Astrid Wagner wrote:
> added to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> when Apache is started (apachectl) but when I restart tomcat this
> directory is no longer in it
> which leads to a
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> error. Where can I modify the LD_LIBRARY_PATH within tomcat ?
> When I restart Apache, the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is correct but I get a
>
> ClassDefNotFound exeception
>
> for the class that calls the c-interface (IprShellInterface.class
> package com.mot.sps.ipr.common).
> I have installed that class in
> CATALINA_HOME/common/classes/com/mot/sps/ipr/common/IprShellInterface.class.

I ran into this problem with linux and tomcat5. I tried every variant of
LD_LIRBARY_PATH but no joy. Then I put this line into catalina.sh and
everything worked:
JAVA_OPTS=-Djava.library.path=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/so

I put my library.so files into /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/so

take a look at
http://www.rgagnon.com/javadetails/java-0348.html

HTH
Paul