tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Erickson" <derick...@cmcflex.com>
Subject Delay needed to populate a JNDI Datasource in TC 4.1.24?
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 18:12:23 GMT
Hi all I've been having some really annoying problems with tomcat, I'm using
v 4.1.24, and am setting up a DataSource resource, its declared in the
DefaultContext element, and is pretty much configured similarly to the
examples in the docs.  The problem I'm having is this, I use struts, and I
have a struts plugin that tries to get that datasource object from JNDI.
However when it does this the factory does return an object, but all its
parameters are null.  I also have a filter that does something similar, so
at the first http request it does essentialy the same thing in going to JNDI
and getting the DataSource object, however this time it returns a fully
populated, functioning object.  However what really doesn't make sense to me
is that the execution does go through the DBCP factory, but yet the
References passed to it when i use the plugin does not contain any of the
parameters (url etc).  Its as if tomcat binds the factory but ignores the
rest of the parameters until a certain time later in execution?  Has this
been solved in more recent versions of tomcat?  Any help in fixing this
would be greatly appreciated =)
-David