tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Trollinger" <jaka...@trollingers.com>
Subject RE: Using the request object and EL
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:03:09 GMT
QM,

But the ${pageContext.request.contextPath} prints fine its only the
${request.contextPath} that does not display

And if I do a <c:if ${empty request}> it returns true but a <c:if
${empty pageContext.request}> returns false.

It is like I can get to the request through the page context just not
directly

john

-----Original Message-----
From: QM [mailto:qm300@brandxdev.net]
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2004 9:44 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Using the request object and EL

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 07:14:19AM -0400, John Trollinger wrote:
:
: I have a jsp page that has the following code
: [snip]
:       request as EL: ${request.contextPath} <br/>
:       request using page context as EL:
: ${pageContext.request.contextPath} <br/>

You're using JSTL EL, but you're not closing those expressions in JSTL
tags.  That's the only way the page is going to know what you've
included is meant to be JSTL-style dynamic content.

btw, change "request" to "requestScope" inside JSTL EL.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com