tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Trollinger" <jaka...@trollingers.com>
Subject Using the request object and EL
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:14:19 GMT
I have a jsp page that has the following code

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>
<%@ taglib tagdir="/WEB-INF/tags" prefix="tag" %>
   <head>
      <title>${param.title}</title>
   </head>
      request as EL: ${request.contextPath} <br/>
      request using page context as EL:
${pageContext.request.contextPath} <br/>
      request as scriptlet: <%= request.getContextPath() %><br/>
      param is: ${param.test}<br/>
      <tag:Simple/>

This is my tags code

Context path via request is:${request.contextPath}<br/>

I thought that according the to spec that the request was an implicit
object for both the jsp page and the tag file but I can not get it to
work in either.  Am I doing something wrong?

I am using the latest from cvs as of Friday morning

Thanks,

John