tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Parsons Technical Services" <parsonstechni...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Reloading of apps deployed as WAR files
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:38:10 GMT
Yoav,

Boy did I ever miss it.

Yes, I have "read" the specs, but it is easy to blur with other details if
not studied regularly (at least for me).

Looks like I need to do some more studying.

Then any method you use to handle the context could change if you change
servers.

Thanks Yoav

Doug

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 11:44 AM
Subject: RE: Reloading of apps deployed as WAR files

Hi,

>Okay. I missed something.  You are using the 2.3 spec method of
handling
>your context stub. That is where you lost me. Never messed with that
>myself.
<snip />
>Actually this is a new feature of the 2.4 spec and not Tomcat. And with
how
>you deploy, it would make things very simple and much less error prone.

Um, no.  The context XML file he mentioned is tomcat-specific and not
mentioned in the Servlet Specification.  The deployment descriptor,
web.xml, is what's mentioned in the spec and contains no server-specific
information.  The tomcat 5 feature that allows including the "context
stub" in the WAR file is neither mandated nor precluded by the Servlet
Specification.

Yoav Shapira

sender.  Thank you.