tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Bechly <bec...@garradhassan.com.au>
Subject Realm(?) authentication
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 04:19:28 GMT
Hi Tomcat users,

I am a new user and have Tomcat 5.0.19 - windows. I only run one application
which is running well on our intranet. I am thinking of giving external
(outside my firewall) users access. I have configured Tomcat for SSL, no
problems.

As added security, I wanted to authenticate (similar to manager) all Tomcat
users (for any access, root and the webapps). I have read the How to's, and
searched lists to no avail. I think I need to configure an <engine> Realm
setup. I have configured my users for MemoryRealm.

I was hoping somebody could point me in the direction of a 'step by step'
for this. I have been playing around with the config files on and off for a
week without success.

Thanks
Matt