tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kiran Kumar" <ki...@sraindia.com>
Subject Does not Work on Linux but works on windows
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:08:20 GMT
Hi All,
  We I have Installed Tomcat 4.1.27 on both windows and linux , development
is on windows
  and later we copy the class files to Linux

  Packages used .
  Tomcat 4.1.27
  Struts 1.1

  Problem
     We have a SetCharacterEncoding filter Set to EUC_JP , but this is not
     working when we use HTTP GET method , so we used the following line in
JSP.
     This works fine (the correct EUC_JP string is displayed in next page)
in
     Windows but not on Linux

     1. Are we Missing Something on Linux Installation of Tomcat ?

<code>

   (we have name value pairs in a HashMap value is in EUC_JP string)

  In JSP
<bean:define id="taskListMap" name="myBean"
             property="myMap"/>

 <% java.util.HashMap hashMap =  (HashMap) taskListMap;
  String queryString = Common.encodeHashMapString(hashMap);%>
  <A HREF='<%=request.getContextPath()%><html:rewrite
href="/taskUpdate.do"/>?<%= queryString%>'>
  <bean:write name="taskList" property="taskName"/> </a>

    public static String encodeHashMapString(HashMap hashMap)
                                throws UnsupportedEncodingException {

            String link = new String();

            HashMap orderKeyMap = hashMap;
            HashMap newMap = new HashMap(hashMap.size());
             //  Instance of Set interface
             Set s = orderKeyMap.entrySet();
             // Instance of Iterator interface
             Iterator i = s.iterator();

             String value = "";
             String key = "";
             // Iterates the elements
             int count = 0;
             while (i.hasNext()) {
                 // Instance of Map.Entry  interface
                 Map.Entry e = (Map.Entry) i.next();

                try {
                     key = (String) e.getKey();
                     key = makeNullEmpty(key);
                     value = (String) e.getValue();
                     value = makeNullEmpty(value);
                     value = URLEncoder.encode(value, "EUC_JP");
                     newMap.put(key, value);
                     if (count > 0) {
                         link = link + "&" + key + "=" + value;
                     } else {
                         link = link + key + "=" + value;
                     }
                     count++;
                } catch (UnsupportedEncodingException e1) {
                    // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                    LOG.error(e1.getMessage());
                    throw e1;
                }