tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Philippe Couas" <pco...@infodev.fr>
Subject RE : Can someone help me to fix the soft link problem in Tomcat 4.1.27
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2004 07:19:08 GMT
Hi
	Have you add allowLinking="true" in your Context path ?

Philippe

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Kam Lung Leung [mailto:kleung@wlwa.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 8 avril 2004 23:54
À : tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Objet : Can someone help me to fix the soft link problem in Tomcat
4.1.27

Hi,

I installed Tomcat 4.1.27 on our server and drop a myApp.war into the
webapps directory. We restart Tomcat and wait for it to finish to unpack
all web components, then we stop Tomcat. We create a soft link within
our web component to point to directory outside the root context of our
web component. But Tomcat says the requested resource is not available
when we try to access the soft linked directory from the browser. In
fact a "null" shows up in the last modified column. Can someone please
tell me what to do to fix this problem.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

Kam