tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John H" <tomcatl...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: context/domain mapping issues
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 17:49:24 GMT
We do this using apache's rewrite module. in httpd.conf:

<IfModule !mod_rewrite.c>
  LoadModule rewrite_module     modules/mod_rewrite.so
</IfModule>

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName a.mycom.com
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^/$   "/a" [R,L]
</VirtualHost>

from there, mod_jk takes over and maps the a.mycom.com/a to
a.mycom.com:8080/a, which should get you want you want.

I'm assuming you're familiar with apache to tomcat connecting via mod_jk.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wouter de Vaal" <wouterv@spymac.com>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 7:39 AM
Subject: context/domain mapping issues

Hi,

I was wondering if the following scenario is possible and how it should
be accomplished, or maybe how I should handle it differently.

I'm using tomcat 5.0.19 and I'm also using apache webserver 2.0.49

I've got in my webapps directory two applications A and B and I have two
domains registered a.mycom.com and b.mycom.com.
What I would like to happen is that request are routed by apache webserver
accordingly,
like this:

http://a.mycom.com -> http://localhost:8080/a

http://b.mycom.com -> http://localhost:8080/b

I have tried the proxy settings describe in the manual pages, but that
way I can only get it working by using
http://a.mycom.com/a -> http://localhost:8080/a

But then again, I guess there would be problems with generated links to the
server (which include the context path).
Any thoughts on this, best practices?

Regards,
Wouter de Vaal