tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris" <>
Subject RE: problem with url - extra / appended before action
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 17:47:12 GMT
Sorry, I made a mistake in my previous post.  I end up losing the domain
name in the link i.e I get instead of
Http://  When I look at the
page source, the href attribute becomes href="//" instead of
href="/".  And yes, I am using struts 1.1.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris []
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 9:56 AM
Subject: problem with url - extra / appended before action

I have an application that uses frames.  The problem that I am experiencing
is that when I go to a page that loads a new frameset all of my links and
buttons work correctly - that is they produce the correct url: .  Now when I click one of
these links it populates a new page in the frameset, but the links are all
messed up.  They all include an extra "/"  before the action name:
<>  .  This extra "/" is
also found in the <base href="."/> element for these pages.

This problem only occurs when I deploy the application (tomcat standalone no
apache involved) onto a linux box.  The problem does not occur when I test
things on my windows box using eclipse and the tomcat sysdeo plugin.

Any idea what is going on here?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message