tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Curwen" <gb_...@gb-im.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5: the classloader mystery
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 21:30:29 GMT
> I would appreciate if someone could explain the Tomcat classloader
secrets.

That makes people think you didn't read the docs, because they are quite
complete in this regards.  And it's been put to the test to such an
extent that it's almost inconceivable that it's a genuine TC classloader
bug. ;)

So the question comes back to:
  what classdef is not being found?
  who (what code) is using it?  (your code, tomcat, etc)

> If I modify the setclasspath.sh file....
You're sure you've set this back the way it's supposed to be, and you
are 100% sure there are no duplicate jars/classes left lying around by
accident? (check in your jdk/jre ext directories, heck, search for *.jar
on your machine and make *sure*).

> ... I think my setup is according to that. (classloader docs)
 more info please.  What jars, used by what code, are being placed in
what directories?

> But it does not work

stacktrace ?