tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Duncan Krebs" <dun...@krebsnet.com>
Subject Figuring out why tomcat won't start
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 20:24:28 GMT
Hey,
Could anyone give me some pointers on how to find an error that is causing tomcat not to start.
I'm using 4x on Windows, when I got to a prompt in the bin folder and type 'startup' the new
DOS window opens for a split second and then closes right away. Most likely some error in
my server.xml. However when I go to my logs folder no new logs are being generated, so I don't
really know how to troubleshoot. Any ideas?