tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chandu" <cha...@translogicsys.com>
Subject OutOfMemoryError - Excessive class loading
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 13:19:46 GMT
Guys,

I am getting java.lang.OutOfMemoryError when I start/stop/start/stop... a specific context
multiple times.
I am using Optimizeit to profile my application. I found multiple class definitions are being
held by tomcat
of same class. Everytime the context is restarted(using the Manager application), of course,
the classes
will be loaded again. As developing the application, I used to start/stop a specific context
so many times.
However, when the restarts of context(without shutting down the tomcat instance) exceeds 30
or 40 I am
getting the out of memory error.

More specifically I would like to know:

When a context is stopped, does all the resources will be released? This includes stopping
of threads
if any and unloading of all classes which are loaded during the context lifecycle.

Can anyone please help me in solving this?

- Chandu.