tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Yansheng Lin" <yansheng....@silvacom.com>
Subject RE: problem with url - extra / appended before action
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 17:40:52 GMT
it's hard to say what's causing the problem exactly without knowing your context
and your action-mappings.  maybe in your action mapping, you have one extra / in
front.  and tomcat would add that to the requestURL?

-Yan

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris [mailto:chuisman@taylor.com]
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 9:56 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: problem with url - extra / appended before action

Hello,

I have an application that uses frames.  The problem that I am experiencing
is that when I go to a page that loads a new frameset all of my links and
buttons work correctly - that is they produce the correct url:
www.companyname.com/action.do?parameter1=blah .  Now when I click one of
these links it populates a new page in the frameset, but the links are all
messed up.  They all include an extra "/"  before the action name:
www.companyname.com//action.do?parameter=blah
<http://www.companyname.com/action.do?parameter=blah>  .  This extra "/" is
also found in the <base href="."/> element for these pages.

This problem only occurs when I deploy the application (tomcat standalone no
apache involved) onto a linux box.  The problem does not occur when I test
things on my windows box using eclipse and the tomcat sysdeo plugin.

Any idea what is going on here?

Thanks,

c.