tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Yair Fine" <fin...@bezeqint.net>
Subject Problem with starting up Tomcat 5.0.1.9 using launcher - a classpath issue?
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2004 12:52:43 GMT
Hi,
I installed Tomcat 5.0.1.9 on Windows 2000.

When I run Start menu-> programs -> Apache Tomcat 5.0 -> Start Tomcat ,
nothing happens, and no tomcat icon appears.

When i go to bin directory and run startup-using-launcher.bat , I get an
exception :
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tools/ant/launch/AntMain
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
        at org.apache.commons.launcher.Launcher.start(Launcher.java:385)
        at
a:39)
        at
Impl.java:25)
        at LauncherBootstrap.main(LauncherBootstrap.java:185)

Indeed, if i look at ant.jar ion common\lib, there is no
org/apache/tools/ant/launch/AntMain class
Though is if run startup.bat, the server starts and work
I have my JAVA_HOME variable path going to the right place

Enyone have a clue ?
Regards
Yair Fine