tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Yansheng Lin" <yansheng....@silvacom.com>
Subject RE: [OT] The Way Java Handles Date
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 20:29:46 GMT
Thanks Yoav, always helpful, eh:)

But I am with Rhino on using "non-standard" packages, by no means undermining
the usefulness of the two classes in commons-lang.  Just for someone who is
learning this from the scratch, there could be a better interface.  But they
try, I guess:).  Here's a few tutorials on the sun:

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/i18n/format/dateintro.html
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/i18n/format/simpleDateFormat.html

-yan

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 1:21 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: [OT] The Way Java Handles Date

Hi,
See commons-lang's DateUtils and DateFormatUtils
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/lang/apidocs/index.html).
Enhancements to these classes should be suggested on the commons-dev
mailing list.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

Website.
>But the
>> >way it works now is kind of counter-intuitive.  That's the problem
>new
>user.
>> >Wouldn't it be nicer if Sun came up with an Wrapper interface that
>allows
>the
>> >user create a Date object with different arguments?

and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom
it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by
anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately