tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Curwen" <gb_...@gb-im.com>
Subject RE: coreservlets
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:13:24 GMT
convenient when learning....  Not when you have to 'unlearn' it. And not
for the special case when you 'forget' about the invoker, and just
expect it to be around.
<sarcasm>Providing a 8-line mapping is such a chore.</sarcasm>

I'm all for helping beginners, but I think showing them the 'right' way
is the best option, particulary since it's not **that** hard (and
certainly not the hardest thing they'll encounter developing servlet/jsp
apps) .

convenient when initial development... I can think of no case where this
'helps'.
I proceed to code a bunch of /servlet/foo in any includes, forwards,
links, etc, etc.  Now I need to go back and change them all?   How does
this help?  Do it correctly from the start!