tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "shyam" <sh...@interviewexchange.com>
Subject Memory Issues
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2004 18:37:22 GMT
Hi All,

I have an application running on tomcat4.1.24. I have allocated 1500 mb
to the java vm. What happens is in 3-4 days my total memory reaches the
1500mb. The free memory is low. I force the GC to run so that the memory
is freed. What I don't understand why is the total memory maximum. I
want tomcat to deallocate and resize the heap so that the total memory
doesn't max out. And also I need the GC to run more aggressively .

My JAVA_OPTS are java -noclassgc -jmx1500 -jms1500.

Any help in this issue will be grateful.

Thanks
shyam