tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bachler, Elisabeth (Elisabeth)" <ebach...@lucent.com>
Subject RE: How to deploy a web application under Tomcat 5
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:43:43 GMT
Thank you very much. I think I have got it at last!.
Now, the only thing I have to do is put the war file under the webapps
directory and restart tomcat 5.... Tomcat will expand the structure
automatically, right?

-----Original Message-----
From: James Black [mailto:jblack@ieee.org]
Sent: miƩrcoles, 24 de marzo de 2004 21:27
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: How to deploy a web application under Tomcat 5

Bachler, Elisabeth (Elisabeth) wrote:

>I don't quite understand what you are saying. My problem is that I don't
>know how to create a WAR file with the basic structure in it. I have to do
>it manually but I don't know how.
>COuld you tell me where to find the information?.
>Once I have this WAR file, I suppose I only have to put it under webapps
and
>restart TOmcat, right?
>THanks for your patience.

  You can create the war file two ways, basically. One is to use ant,
which has a <war> tag, which makes life simple.
  The other approach is to just create the directory structure
somewhere, put your files in there, then use:
jar -cf MyApp.war MyApp

--
"Love is mutual self-giving that ends in self-recovery." Fulton Sheen
James Black    james@usf.edu