tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Tulley" <JTUL...@novell.com>
Subject Re: HTTPS with Apache 2.0.48 and Tomcat 5.0.16
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 20:53:32 GMT
You can also put a transport guarantee of "CONFIDENTIAL" in web.xml
When you do make sure that your redirect ports on the Apache connector
in server.xml are correct (default is 8443, needs to be 443 if you are
using Apache for SSL).

>>> tomcat@daydream.stanford.edu 2/2/04 10:32:51 AM >>>
I describe this in my HOWTO.

http://www.linuxjava.net/howto/webapp/

You either redirect traffic from http to https for that virtual host,
or
you only mount the webapp in the http virtual host and not for the
https.

Oscar Carrillo

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Ralf Schneider wrote:

> Am Montag, 2. Februar 2004 13:55 schrieb Yiannis Mavroukakis:
> > Best remove that line, stick it in your httpd.conf instead along
with the
> > hostname.
>
> This wasn't the problem. I did not notice that mod_ssl was not
compiled into
> httpd :-( After a rebuild of Apache (now with SSL support :-) and
works now.

> My last problem to solve (I hope :-) is how can I prevent user from
accessing
> the webapp with the normal HTTP protocol instead of HTTPS? At the
moment both
> works, but I only want it to work with HTTPS.
>
> Ralf.

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
Novell, Inc., The Leading Provider of Net Business Solutions
http://www.novell.com