tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Another Try at MySQL Connection Pooling
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:02:34 GMT
I'm using this setup on a linux box and the only thing I can see
different is your URL.  I'm not familiar with the named pipes method
of accessing MySQL from Tomcat.  My URL is of this format:

jdbc:mysql://[server name]:3306/[database name]?autoReconnect=true

Also, did you place the mysql-connnector jar in the common/lib
directory of the Tomcat directory?  It has to be there to use the
DBCP connection pool.

Beyond those things, the error is most likely in your java code
somehow.  Heaven knows I've beaten my head over enough simple errors
and typos.

--David