tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark J. Miller" <...@svsu.edu>
Subject unknown jar file in Tomcat
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 17:05:28 GMT
I currently have Tomcat 4.1 running on a Win2k box. I'm installing an
additional webapp to my existing Tomcat.

When I downloaded the webapp and it's files it expanded to include a
version of Tomcat. Well, I thought that's not a problem, I'll just
move the appropriate files to my current Tomcat webapps folder and
modify it's install.bat file to point to the correct folders. But, in
the jakarta/server/lib folder are two additional files called
tools.1.3.1.jar and tools.1.4.1.jar. The install.bat file for this
webapp creates a global variable pointing to the tools.1.4.1.jar file.

The Tomacat 4.1 server/lib folder doesn't contain either of these jar
files. Are the tools jar files part of a newer or older version of
Tomcat? A search of the Tomcat user archive doesn't find either file.
A search of the knowledge base for the software doesn't come up with
anything either.

I'm hesitant to just ignore the files, but I don't know if copying
them to my Tomcat 4.1 lib folder will screw up my current
installation.

A search on google turned up a download from the apache.gnusoft.net
java repository of avalon-meta- tools -1.3 .1.jar. A search on google
for tools.1.4.1.jar turned up a reference to jdk-tools-1.4.1.jar on
sourceforge.net. But that neither helped me figure out what I should
do.

--
Mark :-)
Mark J. Miller, Sr. Instructional Systems Analyst