tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <jhespin...@tutopia.com>
Subject Installing Servlets
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:00:36 GMT

I am trying to install my servlets in tomcat 5.0.1. on Windows 2000

I compile the files:
    javac -classpath servlet-2_3-fcs-classfiles.zip MyServlet.java
**I download the file servlet-2_3-fcs_classfiles.zip from the sun site.
And then copy to the default servlets examples directory.
    copy MyServlet.java "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\webapps\servlets-examples\WEB-INF\classes"

When I try to access the servlet I get the following error:
       HTTP Status 404 - /servlets-examples/servlet/MyServlet

But I can access the example servlets.

What can be wrong?

Jose Humberto.