tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Oscar Carrillo <>
Subject Re: HTTPS with Apache 2.0.48 and Tomcat 5.0.16
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 21:04:03 GMT

The JkMount directives tell Apache to pass these request thru the
Connector to Tomcat.

I do this very same thing for jWebMail, cause I don't want it accessible
thru http, only https. Here's my ssl.conf config section for it:
<VirtualHost _default_:443>
#Other stuff about your ssl host

    # Static files
    Alias /webmail "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/webmail"

    <Directory "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/webmail">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        DirectoryIndex index.jsp

    <Location "/webmail/META-INF/*">
        AllowOverride None
        deny from all

    <Location "/webmail/WEB-INF/*">
        AllowOverride None
        deny from all

    JkMount /webmail/do/*  ajp13
    JkMount /webmail/*.jsp  ajp13
    JkMount /webmail/WebMail  ajp13
    JkMount /webmail/WebMail/*  ajp13

Does that help? BTW, this is all on my site but there's quite a bit of stuff there that you
can miss it.