tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Oscar Carrillo <tom...@daydream.stanford.edu>
Subject Re: HTTPS with Apache 2.0.48 and Tomcat 5.0.16
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 20:01:53 GMT
Hi,

It sounds like you're talking about configuring Tomcat to do SSL, but I
assume the user is using Apache for SSL. In the normal scenario the
connector would ONLY communicate on port 8009. Port 8443 is generally for
Tomcat to serve pages directly using SSL.

I think what the user is looking for is this in httpd.conf for your
virtual host:

#httpd.conf VirtualHost section of myhost.mydomain
Redirect /mywebapp https://myhost.mydomain/mywebapp

Oscar
http://www.linuxjava.net/howto/webapp/