tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <mepst...@uiuc.edu>
Subject RE: context configuration file being overwritten
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 19:20:22 GMT
On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Burgess, Jay S wrote:

> I'm not much of a UNIX person, but I remember reading about the
> "allowLinking" attributes in Context and DefaultContext.  Not sure
> that they're applicable, but I figured I'd mention them in case they
> were and you hadn't seen them.

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I am aware of allowLinking, but I believe that's totally
unrelated to what I'm talking about.  allowLinking is an attribute of
the Context tag, and determines whether symbolic links can be used
*inside* the context/webapp.  I'm talking about something at a higher
level.

And note that the link is working in terms of Tomcat
finding/processing the context configuration file (and finding/setting
up the context).  It's just that the context configuration file gets
overwritten (when it's a link).

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
mepstein@uiuc.edu