tomcat-users mailing list archives

From YEr...@decaresystems.ie
Subject Tomcat 4.x + session replication (javagroups) = StackOverflowError
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 16:58:31 GMT

Hi,

We're using javagroups for the session replication between our 2 clustered
Tomcat 4.x servers. And we're having the following problem:

When we start one of the servers, its CPU usage hit 100% (as if there were a
never ending loop). It looks like it's trying to read a big number of old
persisted session. Then, while invalidating them, it's having a problem. We
turned the javagroups debugging on and that's what we get in the logs:

2004-02-02 07:47:14 StandardManager[/dirServices] [InMemoryReplicationManager]
processsExpire:  Exception during session expiration
java.lang.StackOverflowError
      at
org.apache.catalina.session.ReplicatedSession.expire(ReplicatedSession.java:148)
      at
org.apache.catalina.session.ReplicatedSession.expire(ReplicatedSession.java:179)
      at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.expire(StandardSession.java:608)
      at
org.apache.catalina.session.ReplicatedSession.expire(ReplicatedSession.java:149)
      at
org.apache.catalina.session.ReplicatedSession.expire(ReplicatedSession.java:179)
      at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.expire(StandardSession.java:608)
      at
org.apache.catalina.session.ReplicatedSession.expire(ReplicatedSession.java:149)
      at
org.apache.catalina.session.ReplicatedSession.expire(ReplicatedSession.java:179)

Has any one had that problem or a similar one before?
Any comment will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

 - Yagiz Erkan