tomcat-users mailing list archives

From david.parf...@fedex.com
Subject Tomcat 5 / mod_proxy
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 19:02:11 GMT
Hi -

I am having a problem using mod_proxy w/ Apache 2.0.X and Tomcat 5.0.16.

I have been using mod_proxy for several years now to connect Apache (w/
SSL) to Tomcat. When
recently upgrading to TC5, I noticed a problem.

My httpd config file looks something like this :
ServerName www.foobar.com
ProxyRequests ON
ProxyPass /foo http://ip.of.tomcat:port/foo
ProxyPassReverse /foo http://ip.of.tomcat:port/foo

ProxyPass /bar http://ip.of.tomcat:port/bar
ProxyPassReverse /bar http://ip.of.tomcat:port/bar

Tomcat 5 config:

<Connector port="8081"
               maxThreads.... etc etc
               proxyName="www.foobar.com" proxyPort="443">

<Context path="/foo">
</Context>

<Context path="/bar">
</Context>

(to get something like https://www.foobar.com/foo)

As soon as I use more than 1 set of ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse statements,

my sessions get all screwed up.
After I add data to the session a first time, the next time I get the
session it's completely empty. This all happens after
a form based login... If I use one set of ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse
statements, things seem to work ok.

This *only* happens if I use Tomcat 5. Our configs havn't changed
otherwise...The app works fine if I go through a
regular, unproxied connector (without using Apache). All data being put
into the session is serializable etc.

I've setup mod_jk to work around this, however mod_proxy is more desirable

in our current configuration.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave