tomcat-users mailing list archives

From bruno_juc...@ch.schindler.com
Subject JApplet can't browse dir
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:21:50 GMT

Hi All

I've got here a copy of the IBM Rational Unified Process Web (RUP). There's
an Applet in it building a Tree. This applet runs on the client and it
needs to browse a directory on the web.
I'm running Tomcat 5.x....

I've found the config-option "listings" but it seems to display only a
directory listening, not to allow directory browsing ...

these are the parameteres i've set up in the web.xml:
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
        <init-param>
            <param-name>debug</param-name>
            <param-value>0</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>listings</param-name>
            <param-value>true</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>readonly</param-name>
            <param-value>false</param-value>
        </init-param>

but it still doesn't work. So .. how to allow Directory Browsing in a Web?
I've searched the archive, too, but i only found above "listings"...

many thanks

      B.L.J.