tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adrian Klingel" <Adrian.Klin...@gpi.com>
Subject Running a Java Application under Tomcat
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:31:51 GMT
I have a Java application that polls a directory for XML files.  This
application is run from a "main" method in one of my classes.  I can run it
from the command line just fine, but I want to deploy it as a web
application.

Right now, there are no user interface components, but I will be adding
those, so it makes sense to deploy it under Tomcat.  I also want to take
advantage of connection pooling and JNDI already present in Tomcat.

I don't know how to make Tomcat run my "main" method, whether it is a
setting in the web.xml file, or what.

Any help that anyone can offer is deeply appreciated.  I understand that
this is probably a rookie Tomcat question, but I have been unable to find an
answer after scouring the internet.

Thank you very much,
Adrian Klingel