tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Haake" <ha...@logicalimages.com>
Subject RE: Problems compiling new .jsp's with tomcat
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 22:20:28 GMT
>From the name of your classpath, I would guess you have the JRE installed.
To compile you need the SDK.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex L. [mailto:alexl@firstnetsecurity.com]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2004 4:40 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Problems compiling new .jsp's with tomcat

I keep getting:

No Java compiler was found to compile the generated source for the JSP. This
can usually be solved by copying manually $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar from the
JDK to the common/lib directory of the Tomcat server, followed by a Tomcat
restart.
If using an alternate Java compiler, please check its installation and
access path.

When ever I try to execute a test.jsp file.
Hello! The time is now <%= new java.util.Date() %>

I have my PATH and CLASSPATH for both user and system to
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03;C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03/bin

and
JAVA_HOME to
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03

No tools.jar on windows.