tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hertenstein Alain" <alhertenst...@gva.eri.ch>
Subject Change URL path of a webapps to root
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 14:06:31 GMT
Hi all,

Sorry if this question has already been asked before...
I have a webapps http://localhost/myApps/ on Tomcat 4.1.27 which I'd
simply like to map to http://localhost . I've added a simple
<context...> tag in the server.xml file and put the "path" attribute to
blank ("").
This seems to work, but I'd like to know if this is enough ?
Should I delete all "ROOT" webapps files anyway (the ones installed with
Tomcat by default) ? Because what I don't understand is that the ROOT
context is disabled by default in the server.xml file (<context
docBase="ROOT"...> tag is between comment tags), but it can still be
accessed through HTTP !?

Thanks for your help.
Alain

the system manager.