tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Harvey" <Dav...@exegesys.com>
Subject Manager application remove function doesn't remove deployed directory location
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:36:03 GMT
Hello all,
My platform is Windows 2000 Apache-Tomcat  4.1.29, J2SDK1.4.2_01.

I have written a struts-based web application.  I install the application using the tomcat
manager application and things are fine.  When I try to remove the application using the tomcat
manager application (for instance an application installed at context 'WebApp':

http://localhost:8080/manager/remove?path=/WebApp

The manager application responds with
OK - Removed application at context path /WebApp

The problem is that the deployed location still exists. The deployed directory has one file:
WEB-INF/lib/struts.jar.

The deployed directory cannot be removed, windows claims stuts.jar is still in use. If I restart
Tomcat the deployed directory can be manually removed.  Using the manager application to stop
the application doesn't seem to help.

I want my application to uninstall without writing a routine to manually directories, etc.
 It would be nice to have this happen thru Tomcat.

Does anybody have any ideas about this?  Thanks.

David Harvey

eXegesys, Inc.  www.exegesys.com