tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hamilton Andrew <Andrew.Hamil...@afccc.af.mil>
Subject RE: Tomcat5 RH ES mod_jk2 Apache2
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 19:25:34 GMT
I have RH AS and I use Tomcat5, mod_jk2, and apache2 and they all work fine.
I use the uri's you say don't work, ie
[uri:/servlets-examples/*] works just fine for me.  You are free to do what
you like as far as switching to a different framework.  I see several people
are trying to help you and it might help to post your entire current
workers2.properties and your jk2.properties.  Does everything work properly
when you use just Tomcat and not apache?

Here is my workers2.properties:
#################################
[logger.apache2]
level=DEBUG

[shm]
file=/www/apache2/logs/shm.file
size=1048576

# Define the communication channel
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
tomcatId=localhost:8009

# define the worker
[ajp13:localhost:8009]
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009

[uri:/jsp-examples/*]
info=Map the jsp-examples webapp
worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

[uri:/servlets-examples/*]
info=Map the servlets-examples webapp
worker=ajp13:localhost:8009
#################################

And my jk2.properties:

#################################
# Set the desired handler list
handler.list=channelSocket,request
#
# Override the default port for the socketChannel
# channelSocket.port=8019
# Default:
# channelUnix.file=${jkHome}/work/jk2.socket
# Just to check if the the config  is working
# shm.file=${jkHome}/work/jk2.shm

# In order to enable jni use any channelJni directive
# channelJni.disabled = 0
# And one of the following directives:
# apr.jniModeSo=/www/apache2/modules/mod_jk2.so
# If set to inprocess the mod_jk2 will Register natives itself
# This will enable the starting of the Tomcat from mod_jk2
# apr.jniModeSo=inprocess