tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brett Knights" <knig...@tanner.com>
Subject Sporadic NoClassDefFoundError
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 20:13:18 GMT
Hi,
I am running TC 4.1.29 on Linux with jdk 1.4.2. I have two machines that are set up to be
quite similar.
Occasionally when I start tomcat my log contains such things as:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/ServletContextListener (from one machine)

or

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet (from the other machine)

If I restart tomcat it sometimes starts normally on the next restart. Sometimes it takes two
or three restarts but eventually the tomcat process is started properly and everything runs.

There is only one copy of servlet.jar on these machines.

Any ideas would be appreciated.