tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hernani Mourão <hmou...@netcabo.pt>
Subject RE: tomcat 5. some basic questions
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2004 14:28:42 GMT
You will experience a lot of problems making the applications running in
this new version. I had everything ok and running under Tomcat 4.1.x and I
made the terrible mistake of changing the version. It seems it is due to the
way the context.xml is supposed to work in this new version. I am not an
expert, and I have seen a lot of debate but on this list but I was not good
enough to get any conclusion yet and my application is not running yet. It's
driving me nuts . . . . .

Be very careful with your decision, and good luck to u. I did not have any.
. . .
Hernâni

-----Original Message-----
From: Dionisio Ruiz de Zarate [mailto:dionisio@tinieblas.com]
Sent: sábado, 7 de Fevereiro de 2004 13:17
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: tomcat 5. some basic questions

hello.
i have one machine in production mode with apache 2 and tomcat 4.1.29.
i am thinkin for using tomcat 5.
i have several questions:

1.- the tomcat 5 configuration i diferent, comparing with the tomcat 4.1.29
configurarion? (vitual domains, db connecion pools using Commons DBCP..)
2.- when i try to download the tomcat i see that there is:
Tomcat 5.0.18 zip PGP MD5
5.0.18 Deployer zip PGP MD5
5.0.18 Embed zip PGP MD5

what are the two last ?(5.0.18 Deployer zip PGP MD5, 5.0.18 Embed zip PGP
MD5 ) i need it for using tomcat in production mode?

for connection apache2 with tomcat 4.1.29 i download the connectors sourcrs,
i compile them..... for using tomcat 5 this step is diferent?

thanks for reading my question and thanks for your help

Sorry for my bad english