tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hernani Mourao <hmou...@netcabo.pt>
Subject RE: JNDI datasource lost on redeploy
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 01:02:15 GMT
thanks anyway: it did help me for changing the focus into another possible
reason: now I have the META-INF in uppercase. I just changed a setting in
winzip and it went ok.

But my problem steel remains. The context.xml simply does not execute.
Hernani

-----Original Message-----
From: todd runstein [mailto:todd_run@yahoo.com]
Sent: sexta-feira, 6 de Fevereiro de 2004 0:50
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: JNDI datasource lost on redeploy

Don't know if this is the reason, but this is from the
ant manuals war task entry:

We regulary receive bug reports that this task is
creating the WEB-INF directory, and thus it is our
fault your webapp doesn't work. The cause of these
complaints lies in WinZip, which turns an all
upper-case directory into an all lower case one in a
fit of helpfulness. Please check that jar xvf
yourwebapp.war shows the same behaviour before filing
another report.

--- Hernani_Mourao <hmourao@netcabo.pt> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have the same problem . . . .
> But by no means I manage to get the context.xml file
> processed: some
> parameters donnot make any change when I check in
> Admin.
>
> I am using W2K and Ant makes meta-inf in lower case.
> Would that be the
> problem? I already did every test and nothing seems
> to work. I have already
> set "unpackWARs" to "false" which improved the way
> the app is loaded.
>
> Any help will be very much appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Hernani

<value>com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver</value>
>                 </parameter>
>                 <parameter>
>                         <name>url</name>

<value>jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://testtrk:1433;databasename=Circuits</va
> lue>
>                 </parameter>
>
>               </ResourceParams>
>           </Context>
>

> web.xml:
> 	<resource-ref>

<res-ref-name>datasource.testtrk.circuits</res-ref-name>
> 		<res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
> 		<res-auth>Container</res-auth>
> 	</resource-ref>
>

> Code used to get connection:
> public class JNDIConnection {
>
> 	public static Connection getConnection(String
> datasource)
> 		throws NamingException, SQLException{
> 			Context ctx = new InitialContext();
> //This syntax is a bit different than the docs show,
> but it appears to be working
> 			DataSource ds =
> (DataSource)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/"+datasource);
> 			return ds.getConnection();
> 	}
> }
>
> Thanks again!
>
> =====
> The only "dumb question" is the one you were too
> afraid to ask.
>
> Check out RouteRuler - Free software for runners,
> cyclists, walkers,
> etc.
> http://routeruler.sourceforge.net
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

=== message truncated ===

=====
The only "dumb question" is the one you were too afraid to ask.