tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik \(lists\)" <>
Subject RE: tomcat 5.0.19 cluster problem
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:39:44 GMT
yes, three servers in a cluster means three times the amount of memory used
for session data.
checking your -Xmx setting might be a good thing

-----Original Message-----
From: Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n []
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 11:33 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: tomcat 5.0.19 cluster problem

Filip Hanik (lists) wrote:

>>In any case could a cluster node that ran out of memory destroy the
>>entire cluster?
>it shouldn't, it can temporary slow it down if the node that is down is
>accepting connections and broad casting its membership.
>I'm running a load test right now with the latest version to make sure that
>I am not BS:ing you here :)

If you use in-memory replication, and the source of your
OutOfMemoryError is that you have too many objects stored in sessions,
or those objects are too big, or whatever, I think this could bring down
your entire cluster. What do you think, Filip?

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message